Skip to main content
Recent Posts
1
Charity Swimalong / Re: Sunday 30th September 2018 -Swimalong
Last post by petebraith -
 Hi Peter Braithwaite here.  To expand on the flyer posted above, the Mayor of Bromley, Kim Botting, is visiting us at West Wickham Pool on the day.  We are raffling a giant Pudsey Bear and we hope the Mayor will draw the winning number for us.  Raffle tickets are currently on sale in the bar at the Park Langley Club at £1 each. 

There are also three smaller Pudseys which will be awarded to the three best young swimmers.
2
Charity BeerFest / Tasks to be completed - Volunteers required please
Last post by LP-Rod -
Work Sheet for setting up Beer Festival 2018
-----------------------------------------
Tuesday 25 September 2018

Provision of teas/coffee for workers
Erection of main marquees
Set up racking
Set up fencing
Ensure floor is safe
Accept some beers
Portable toilets and electrics
----------------------------------------------
Wednesday 26 September 2018

Provision of teas/coffee for workers
Set up electrics and PAT test plus toilets and emergency exits
Set up bars
Set up stage
Receive beers, set out in order of ABV % for racking
Accept delivery of tables and chairs
Provide night security (RCLP and Beckenham RC)
----------------------------------------------------
Thursday 27 September 2018

Provision of teas/coffee for workers
Vent casks and label sponsor
Arrange bunting
Set up prosecco bar
Set up soft drinks bar
Provision for catering
Arrange entrances and token payment area
Night security commences 11.00 pm to 9.00 am
----------------------------------------------------
Friday 28 September 2018

Provision of teas/coffee for workers
Drip trays in place
Barrels tapped
Programmes made available
Bar rota and floor rota available
Glasses collected from ST’s house
Ads/flags from Hospices to be sited
Directions put up (via Hawksbrook Lane)
Collect prosecco (need fridge)
Collect soft drinks
Night security 11.00 pm - 9.00 am
Fire extinguishers and security lighting (take rubbish away)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday 29 September 2018 9.00 am

Provision of teas/coffee for workers
Tidy site for 12 midday opening
Wash glasses
Remove excess rubbish
Night security 11,00 pm - 9.00 pm

Sunday 30 September 2018 (nb RCLP help needed from 9.00 am to 12.00 )

Provision of teas/coffee for workers
Empty casks and stack by brewery
Take down racking and stack
Remove all our rubbish from the site
Take carpet up (nails) ?
Wash glasses
Remove flags etc
Remove lighting and store
“Flat pack” bar for storage
-----------------------------------------
Monday 1 October 2018

Marquee taken down
Hire equipment stacked
Breweries to collect their own casks excluding Hogs Back (3) and West Berkshire (2)
----------------------------------------------------------
3
New Fundraising ideas / Young Epilepsy
Last post by LP-StuartR -
Hi All

My two sons are taking part in the 24 peaks challenge in September, this involves climbing 24 peaks of the Lake District over the course of 2 days, this is a total of 60,000 ft, neither has any experience of climbing so they art throwing themselves in at the deep end.

They are both doing this in aid of Young Epilepsy,my chosen charity for this year. Young Epilepsy support young people up to the age of 25, they provide support for young people to ensure they can live their lives to the full and not let their epilepsy define them. This involves raising awareness of epilepsy to help dispel some of the myths around epilepsy, for instance did you know there are 40 different types of seizures and only 5% are photo sensitive seizures.

I am sure you agree this is a worthy cause and I hope you would consider sponsoring them.

Just giving.com/Robertson24peaks

I would of course have taken part but I don’t think I would ever make it down 😀


Regards

Stuart H Robertson
President Langley Park Rotary Club
6
Charity Swimalong / Sunday 30th September 2018 -Swimalong
Last post by LP-Rod -
Please volunteer to do up to 1Km (30 lengths) at West Wickham swimming baths on Sunday 30th September 2018.

All proceeds to the Children in Need fund.
This event is organises by Peter Braithwaite of Beckenham Rotary Club. 

Please click on the attached image for full details.
7
Helmet and Clothing Park for BSB races / Cadwell Park, Lincs. - 18/19th August 2018
Last post by LP-Rod -
The summer British Superbike (BSB) event at Cadwell Park, Lincolnshire usually attracts the biggest crowd of visitors for BSB races.  Hopefully, if the weather is good, visiting motorcyclists will leave their helmets and protective clothing with us at our two marquees.

This year, six people from the Rotary Club of Langley Park will travel up with their marquees in two vans and engage in a joint project with the local Rotary Club of Louth.  All the proceeds will be split 50/50 between the two Clubs and be donated to their local charities.

Louth Rotary will experiment with the use of two Trucks specially fitted for the occasion with racking to hold helmets and motorcycle clothing.

It is hoped that Louth RC will be in a position to take over the organisation and running of this event in 2019.

The six RCLP volunteers travelling to Cadwell and staying in a local B&B from Saturday until Monday morning are:

Andrew and Tess Mearon
Rod and Angela Leeming
Ashley and Jill Cole
 
8
Charity BeerFest / Minutes of the Meeting 9th July 2018
Last post by LP-Rod -
ROTARY CLUB OF LANGLEY PARK
BEER FESTIVAL STEERING COMMITTEE 2018
MEETING 9 JULY 2018
M I N U T E S

Present: Stuart Talbot (Chair), Haydn David, John Williams, Henry Phillips, David Masters, Alan Blanchette, Tony Archer, Jeremy Gauntlett,

1 Apologies
Bob Carroll, Rod Leeming, Andrew Hudson, David Stoneham, Shelagh Titchner, Andrew Mearon

2 Minutes of meeting held on 4 June 2018
Agreed

3 Advertising/Banners/Sponsorship
The date requires changing on the banners (AH).
Too late for Advert in the Hayes Residents circulation and similarly for Shortlands Residents. We should ,however, be in the West Wickham Residents News.
ST trying to keep a list of sponsors to date, invoices sent by Mike Pink and payment to DM. Acceptance of sponsorship
forms - name of Rotarian involved to be added top right hand corner. DM should also have an invoice copy, particularly as some now use BACS.

4 Progress on ordering drinks
Beer: 40/42 casks ordered
Lager: 2 kegs ordered from Whitstable Brewery with dispensers and gas
Cider: To be ordered by AH. Although we ran out last year members believe that because we are having lager not as much cider will be drunk.
Soft drinks: Provided by Mytime Active

5 Glasses
Delivery from Festival Glass to ST in September.
Prosecco flutes (ordered from Waitrose 192 by HP.
Soft drinks glasses: 24 half pints ordered

6 Music by HD
Friday 5.00 pm - 7.30 pm: Ian and the Bears (no costs except beer)
8.00 pm - 11.00 pm: ‘Arry and the ‘Ats cost £200
Saturday 12.00 - 2.00 pm: currently not booked
2.00 pm - 4.30pm: BYMT Brass (no cost)
5.00 pm - 7.30 pm: London Jazz Orchestra (£275)
8.00 pm - 11.00 pm: ‘Arry and the ‘Ats (£200)

Total cost of music: £675

7 IT and the Beer Festival
Believe prudent that AH should share key passwords and operations with RL and Tony Myles.

8 Toilets & Racking
To be donated by Fitz (has a building company). The toilets will have electric lights
and water heaters. We will not be able to connect the water heaters because of
the load on the system.
We need 3 extra toilets which we will have to pay for. Hopefully they can be
ordered at the same time. (AH)
Fitz to provide labourers from 5.00 pm Wednesday to lift the top row casks.

9 AOB
Venue hire still be negotiated with Old Dunstonians as approximately £400.

10 Date and time of next meeting
13 August 2018 at 5.45 pm in the small meetings room.
9
Charity BeerFest / Sponsorship forms - upon completion
Last post by LP-Rod -
Stuart Talbot asks that when you receive a completed Beer Festival sponsor form would you please pass it to the Secretary (Mike Pink) as he will be doing the invoicing this year.  Please write your name at the top of the form and, if you received a cheque or cash in payment with the form, please write “PAID” at the top of the form.
 
Mike P.
10
General Discussion / Re: This looks good
Last post by LP-Rod -
Andrew
A new domain name would be good.  Do you want me to look for one or will you?   Something like Rotary_E_Forum so that we adopt your suggestion that the domain does not refer to a geographical area.

I think that the Theme is OK as Standard.  I will start to add a few categories.  Stuart R will meet with the DG and the Presidents of 9 local Clubs on Thursday 26th July so it would be useful to be able to show them this Pilot Forum; also our own Club through the Secretary.



Rod